|Cumin seeds||1 Tbsp.|
|Onion||2 (Medium sized pureed)|
|Ginger||1 inch (Chopped)|
|Garlic||1-2 cloves (Minced)|
|Tomato||3 (medium sized pureed)|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 Tsp.|
|Coriander powder||1 Tsp.|
|Garam Masala||1 Tsp.|
|Roasted cumin powder||½ Tsp.|
|Dry Red Kidney beans||3/4th cup (Soaked overnight)|
|Butter||1 Tbsp (Optional)|
|Fresh Coriander||1-2 Tbsp. (Chopped)|
- To a Pressure cooker add oil and heat. Add cumin seeds, slit green chilli, chopped ginger, garlic and sauté.
- Grind the onions to make it puree and add the puree to the pressure cooker. Cook for 2-3 minutes in medium flame.
- Add turmeric powder and pureed tomatoes. Stir well nd continue to cook for couple of minutes.
- Add salt to taste, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and cumin powder. Mix well and cook in medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add soaked kidney beans, a cup of water and pressure cook for 5-6 whistles in medium flame depending upon your pressure cooker.
- Allow the pressure to release on its own.
- Uncover add water to adjust consistency and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add a tablespoon of butter towards the end to enhance the flavour.
- Finish by adding freshly chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or bread of your choice.
Tips & Variation:
- Adding butter towards the end is optional. The dish is completely vegan friendly.
- If using canned red kidney beans pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
- Soaking 3/4th cup of bean will double to almost 2 cups of soaked bean.