|Rolled Oats||2 cups.|
|Flattened Rice (Thick Poha)||1 cup.|
|Puffed rice||2 cups.|
|Phool Makhana (Ouffed lotus seeds)||1 cup.|
|Dried red chilli||5-6|
|Curry Leave||2-3 Springs|
|Roasted Channa Dal||1/3 cup.|
|Roasted Peanuts||¼ cup.|
|Almonds (Roughly chopped)||¼ cup.|
|Cashews (Roughly chopped)||¼ cup.|
|Pumpkin Seeds||¼ cup.|
|Amchur (Dry mango powder)||½ Tsp.|
|Roasted Cumin Powder||1 Tsp.|
|Raisins (Sultanas)||¼ cup.|
- Heat a Thick bottomed pan and oats. Dry roast them in low medium flame for about 4 minutes or until they turn light brown.
- Transfer the roasted oats to bowl and add flattened rice to the same pan till they start to crackle. Transfer it along with the oats.
- Continue to dry roast Puffed rice and the makhana separately for about 2 minutes and transfer it to a bowl.
- To the same pan, Add oil and once its hot add broken dried chillies and curry leaves. Sauté for few seconds.
- Continue to add rest of the nuts and the roasted channa dal and saute.
- Add Turmeric powder, Amchur powder, Roasted cumin powder, salt to taste and the raisins and continue to roast for couple of minutes until the nuts are well roasted and the raw smell of spices fades.
- Add the roasted Oats, makhana, Puffed & flattened rice to the pan and mix well and turn off the flame.
- Transfer them into a mixing bowl and allow it to cool.
- Once they are cool mix them well until they are well combined and are ready to be served.
Tips & Variation:
- The measurements yield around 500 grams of the spicy snack. Adjust measurements accordingly.
- Make sure not to burn any of the ingredients and choose to roast them in low flame.
- Feel free to use other nuts like walnuts and Pistachios to the recipe.
- Makhanas and Poha are optional but they add great texture and taste to the dish.
- These also make a wonderful savoury granola. Add 1/2 cup of the mixture to plain greek yogurt along with grated carrots and cucumbers for a savoury breakfast.