Click Here for Video Recipe
For Vanilla Custard
|Full Cream Milk||750 ml|
|Corn Flour||4 Tsp.|
|Vanilla Extract||2 Tsp.|
|Condensed Milk||200 g|
|Turmeric powder||¼ Tsp.|
|Roasted Nuts: Cashews, Almonds, Pistachios||4-5 pcs or as required|
|Dry Fruits: Figs & Grapes||As required|
|Mixed Fruits: Banana, Grapes, Pineapple, Strawberry, Apples||1 bowl|
- In a deep Pan add milk and heat in medium flame stirring occasionally till it boils.
- As the milk boils add 4 tsp of cornflour to a cup and add milk, mix it well to make it a lump free smooth liquid.
- Add condensed milk to the boiling milk and stir well for a minute till it gets well incorporated into the milk.
- Now add the cornflour mix to the milk and stir continuously so that there are no lumps formed.
- You can add turmeric powder or food colouring or ignore both.
- Add vanilla extract and continue to stir the custard continuously for 3-4 minutes. The consistency of the milk would start to thicken as you add the cornflour mix.
- After 3-4 minutes turn of the flame and cool it completely. Refrigerate the same for a minimum of 3 hours.
- After 3 hours the custard would have thickened even more.
- Now for the layering, roast and chop the nuts.
- Cut fruits, mix them together and chill it alongside the custard.
- Layer the Nuts, Dry fruits, Fruits & the custard in a serving cup and serve it chill.
Tips & Variations:
- For Desi flavoured custard, replace the vanilla extract with powdered cardamom and food colour with saffron strands. Follow the same method of preparation.
- Use any seasonal fruit of your choice, and make sure they are ripe and sweet.
- You can also use dried mangoes, dates, berries, hazelnuts, groundnuts etc.