For Pizza Base:
|All purpose flour : For Dough||450 gms|
|All purpose Flour : For Dusting||50 gms|
|Instant Active Dry Yeast||1 Tsp.|
For Pizza Sauce:
|Olive Oil||2 Tbsp.|
|Dried herbs (oregano & mixed)||½ Tbsp. each|
|Fresh Basil||1 Tbsp. chopped|
|Garlic||2-3 cloves Crushed|
To Make the Pizza:
|Olive Oil||To Drizzle|
Pizza Base :
- To a big mixing bowl add, a tsp. of instant dry yeast, sugar, and salt to taste and mix well together.
- Make a well in the center and add warm water and knead it to soft smooth dough.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and let the dough prove for about 2 hours. The dough will double its size
- Dust some flour and punch the dough down
- Use pull & fold technique to knead the dough.
- Divide the dough equally to desired size. This dough would make 4 family size pizza.
- To a Sauce pan add olive oil, minced onion, crushed garlic and Sauté till onions are fully cooked and turns mushy.
- Add tomato puree, dried oregano, mixed herbs and salt to taste And cook for around 6-8 minutes in medium flame.
- Add freshly chopped Basil and simmer for a minute and the sauce is ready.
- Roll the dough using a rolling pin or by hand.
- Spread pizza sauce, add mozzarella & cheddar, desired toppings and drizzle olive oil.
- Bake it in preheated oven for 7-9 minutes in 220c
- Tastes best when served fresh out of the oven.
Tips & Variation:
- The dough can be stored for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Feel free to replace Basic pizza sauce with a Pesto of your choice to make it more flavourful.
- Spread gravy of Paneer Butter masala & add paneer as toppings to make Paneer Butter masala Nanzza.