|Palak/ Spinach||1 Bunch.|
|Paneer/ Cottage cheese||2oog.|
|Wheat Flour||2 cups|
|Cumin Powder||1 Tsp.|
|Garam Masala||1 Tsp.|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 Tsp.|
|Coriander Powder||1 Tsp.|
- Clean, Blanch and puree the spinach leaves.
- To a mixing bowl add the whole wheat flour, salt to taste and mix well together.
- Add spinach puree to the flour instead of water and knead it for 5-6 minutes to forma a smooth dough.
- Rest the dough for 15 minutes before preparing the paratha.
- Divide the dough to make parathas.
- To a bowl add grated paneer, salt, chilli powder, garam masala, cumin & coriander powder and mix well.
- Make small balls of equal sizes.
- Roll the dough to small and thick parathas.
- Add the Stuffing to the centre and pleat. Make sure that it is well sealed.
- Remove if there is is any extra dough.
- Roll the paratha again, make sure that they are not too thick nor too thin.
- Add the parathas to the pan
- Cook well on both the sides and brush melted butter/Ghee/oil.
- Serve it hot. Tastes great with curd seasoned with cumin powder, chilli powder and salt.
Tips & Variation:
- You can have the palak paratha without it being stuffed. They taste great as such.
- Replace the stuffing with boiled and mashed potatoes or cauliflower for Aloo Palak paratha or Gobi Palak Paratha.