Click here for Video recipe
|Sesame Seeds||2-3 Tsp.|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 Tsp.|
|All Purpose Flour/Maida||2 Tbsp.|
|Corn Flour||1 Tbsp.|
For the Sauce
|Chilli Paste||1 Tbsp.|
|Tomato Sauce||2-3 Tsp.|
|Soy Sauce||1-2 Tsp.|
|Spring Onions||To Garnish|
- In a bowl add blanched Baby corn, All purpose floor, Corn flour, Ginger & garlic paste, Sesame seeds and Salt. Mix them well by adding few drops of water so that all the baby corn is coated well.
- The mix should just coat the baby corn as a thick paste and not as a batter.
- Add oil to the pan, once the oil is heated add the baby corn mix and fry in low to medium flame.
- Fry the baby corns in batches.
- Double fry the baby corn so that they stay crisp for longer time. Double frying also add better texture and taste to the dish.
- Strain the oil with a tissue and keep it aside
- For the sauce, in a pan add the oil and heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add minced garlic and sauté till the garlic turn to light brown.
- Add Chilli paste, soy sauce, Vinegar & sugar and mix well.
- I am not adding salt to the sauce mixture coz, Chilli paste, Soy & tomato sauce has salt in them already. You can always add salt if required.
- Sauté the mixture for a minute in medium to high flame.
- Add the fried baby corn and mix well so that the sauce is well coated.
- Add chopped Spring onions and sauté them together.
- Tastes best when served hot.
Tips & Variation:
- Add sliced and blanched Potatoes instead of baby corn for Crispy chilli Potatoes.
- For Crispy Chilli Paneer or Tofu, cube them and marinate the mix for 15-20 mins before frying.
- You can add a teaspoon of hot oil to the flour and mix to make it crispier.
For Chilli Paste:
I use homemade chilli paste instead of store bought chilli paste. This can be used for various recipes.
- Soak handful of dried chillies (around 15-20 nos) for a minimum of 1 hour
- Drain the water and grind the chillies to a fine paste.
- To a pan add 2 Tbsp. of oil, once the oil is Hot add the chilli paste and stir continuously.
- Add a spoon of salt and sauté till the oil separates. This usually takes about 3-4 mins.
- Cool and store the paste for future use. This paste can be stored for up to 2-3 weeks in refrigerator.
One Comment Add yours