Click here for Video recipe
|Long Grain Rice||1 Cup|
|Green Chillies||1 Tsp.|
|Spring Onion – Bulbs||1 Tbsp.|
|Carrots, French Beans, Sweet Corn & Peas||1 Cup|
|Bell Pepper||2 Tbsp.|
|Soy Sauce||1 Tsp.|
|Spring Onions||2-3 Tbsp.|
- Heat a wok and add oil, once the oil is heated add minced ginger, garlic and green chillies. Sauté for a minute
- Add chopped spring onion bulbs, onions and sauté till the onions turn transparent.
- Continue adding all the veggies and sauté in high flame for 2-3 mins. Make sure that they do not cook completely, the vegetables should retain little crunch in them
- Add salt, pepper, soy sauce and mix
- Add the cooked rice and mix gently so that the rice does not break or mashed. Tossing the rice avoids breaking of rice.
- Turn off the flame and add spring onions and toss them together.
- Tastes best when served hot.
Tips & Variation :
- You can add any vegetable of your choice
- Add white pepper instead of black pepper if you like your rice to retain its white colour.
- Feel free to add mushrooms, or fried potatoes for more flavour.
- To make paneer or tofu fried rice you dice the paneer into small cubes and add it along with the vegetables.
- If you love your fried rice spicy, make a quick version of schezwan fried rice by adding a tablespoon of chilli paste, a teaspoon of vinegar and a pinch of sugar while sautéing the ginger & garlic.