|All purpose flour||375 gm.|
|Wheat Flour||125 gm.|
|Active Dry Yeast||½ Tsp.|
|Garlic||4-5 Pods minced|
|Coriander||1-2 Tbsp. Chopped|
|Green chillies||1 Tsp. minced|
- To a large mixing bowl add wheat flour, all purpose flour, sugar, salt to taste, and dry active yeast. Mix them together.
- Add warm water (around 1-1 ½ cups) mix well and bring the mixture to the kitchen surface to knead it.
- Knead for a minimum of 8-12 minutes to make smooth dough. The longer you knead smoother the dough.
- Brush a spoon of oil, place the dough in a bowl where there‘s enough space to rise. Cover the bowl with a plate/lid/cling wrap.
- Rest it for a minimum of 2- 4 hours in room temperature (if its cold allow it for 6-8hrs) the dough should rise up and double its size.
- Dust some flour and punch the dough couple of times (do not knead)
- Divide the dough to make naans. Make smooth balls and roll it thicker than usual paratha.
- To make it garlic naan to a cup add minced garlic, melted butter (not ghee) chopped coriander & Green chilies. Mix well and brush it over the rolled dough.
- Brush water on the other side and cook in low-medium flame. Do not flip. Wait for the air bubbles. Flip the other side directly over the flame. Add butter and serve hot.
- This recipe will make around 8-10 naans.
Tips & Variation:
- The dough is a basic dough to make Kulchas, masala kulchas and stuffed kulchas.
- This can also be oven baked. Bake it in pre heated oven for 5-6 minutes in 220C.