|Mixed vegetables||1 bowl, Chopped.|
|All purpose flour||1 Tbsp.|
|Mozzarella||2 Tbsp. Grated|
|Salt & Pepper||For Seasoning.|
|Risotto Rice||1 Cup.|
|Olive Oil||1-2 Tbsp|
|Garlic||2 pods minced|
|Parmesan Cheese||1-2 Tbsp. grated.|
To make a Broth :
- To a saucepan add mixed vegetables (beans, carrot, onions, celery, cauliflower, cabbage),water, salt, garlic pods and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer for 10-15 mins. Add a cup of water in between.
- Strain the vegetables. The broth is ready for use.
To make Bechamel:
- Add butter to a pan and allow it to melt.
- Add all purpose flour and a mix well.
- Add a cup of milk and whisk (stir) well without forming any lumps
- Cook for couple of mins till it becomes thick.
- Add grated mozzarella stir it well and allow the cheese to melt.
- Turn off the flame and season it with salt & pepper.
To make the risotto:
- To the sauce pan add olive oil, minced garlic & onions and sauté well till the onions are completely cooked.
- Add chopped mushrooms, and risotto Rice stir well.
- Add the vegetable broth in batches and cook the Rice.
- This should take around 15 minutes in medium flame.
- Add béchamel once the rice is completely cooked and mix well.
- Simmer for a minute and finish it with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot.
Tips & Variation:
- The original recipe calls for half a cup of white wine to cook the rice. Feel free to do so. Cook the rice and mushrooms in white wine, start adding the broth in batches once the wine completely evaporates.
- This can also be made with other vegetables or without any vegetables at all.
- Tastes best with the risotto specific rice, if not available choose short grain rice.