|Fresh Fenugreek leaves||1 bunch|
|Paneer/Cottage Cheese||200g (Cubed)|
|Sweet corn||1/4th cup (Optional)|
|Onion||2 Medium sized (Diced)|
|Garam Masala||1/4th Tsp.|
|Cumin Seed||1 Tsp.|
|Heavy Cream||1/4th cup|
|Ginger paste||1 Tsp.|
|Garlic paste||1 Tsp.|
- To a Sauce Pan add diced onions, cashews & water and boil it for 5-6 minutes till the onions are completely cooked.
- Strain the water and allow it to cool. Add green chillies and grind it to a smooth paste. Add water if required.
- Separate the stems of Fenugreek leaves and spinach and wash them thoroughly.
- Blanch the greens and squeeze out the excess water to make a ball. Chop them roughly.
- To a pan add butter as it melts add crushed cumin seeds, ginger paste & garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add the Onion & Cashew paste to the pan and cook in medium flame for couple of minutes.
- Add salt to taste, sweet corn, and the greens and mix well. Let the gravy cook in medium flame for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garam masala, crushed cardamom, sugar and water to adjust consistency.
- Add heavy cream, paneer and simmer for a 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with any Indian bread of your choice.
Tips & Variation:
- Sweet corn is only optional. Adding sweet corn to the gravy enhances the flavour.
- Skip paneer and feel free to add peas to the gravy or add both. Tastes great either ways.