Skip to content
||1 ½ Cup
|Red Chilli Powder
||100 Gms. (Cubed)
- Wash and soak rice for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- To a mixer jar add washed pudhina and palak leak leaves, green chillies, ginger and garlic. Grind it to a smooth paste by adding just few drops of water.
- To a pressure cooker, add ghee, cumin seeds, whole spices and onions. Sauté for a minute.
- Add Turmeric, sliced bell peppers and stir well.
- Add the green paste and cook for few minutes until raw smell goes off.
- Add 1 ½ cup of water, salt to taste, red chilli powder, garam masala stir and bring it to a boil.
- Add soaked rice and paneer. Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Serve Hot.
Tips & Variations:
- Tastes best when made with basmati rice or any variety of long grin rice.
- Replace rice with Quinoa to make it healthier.
- Feel free to add vegetables likes carrots, potatoes, beans or even corn and peas to enhance the flavour and give more colour to the dish.
- Replace Ghee with Coconut oil and Paneer with Tofu to make the Dish Vegan.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: