|Raw Mango||1 (Medium Sized)|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 ½ Tsp.|
|Gigelly Oil (Sesame oil)||2 Tbsp.|
|Mustard seeds||1 Tsp.|
|Curry leaves||2 springs|
- To a mixing bowl add chopped raw mango, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and Salt.
- Mix them together so that the cut mangoes are well coated with all the spices.
- For the seasoning; to a pan add oil and heat.
- Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add curry leaves and asafoetida and mix.
- Add the seasoning to the cut mangoes and mix well and the pickle is ready to serve.
Tips & Variation:
- This pickle can be stored for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Tastes best when served immediately.
- Feel free to add a big pinch of fenugreek seed powder along with the spices for more flavour.
- Replace cut raw mangoes with a cup of cut Grapes or pineapples for a sweeter version of the pickle.