|Green Moong dal||1 ½ Cup|
|Chana Dal||1 Tbsp|
|Cumin seeds||1 Tbsp|
- Wash and soak moong dal, rice and chana dal together in a bowl for 3-4 hours.
- To a mixer jar add soaked Dal & rice along with an inch of ginger, 2 green chillies and grind it to a smooth dosa batter by adding little water.
- To make the onion mix for the pesarattu, to a bowl add finely chopped large onion chopped coriander, chillies, ginger and cumin seeds. Mix them together.
- Heat the pan, brush few drops of oil and spread a ladle of batter to form thin dosa.
- Drizzle some oil or ghee and sprinkle the onion mix.
- Cook in low-medium flame until the pesarattu is fully cooked and starts to brown and crisps.
- Serve it hot with chutney of your choice.
Tips & Variations:
- Adjust the number green chillies according to your spice palat.
- The ingredients mentioned would make around 10 medium sized pesarattu
- Make your own variants by adding cheese or other vegetables like carrots to make cheese pesarattu or vegetable pesarattu.
- The batter can be used immediately after grinding and need not be fermented like regular dosa.